The Form Operators reports to Production Manager
A. Primary Position of the Position
The position is responsible for a variety of “plant” functions including, but not limited to, operating a plastic thermoforming machine, working with various power tools, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
B. Essential Functions and Activities of the Position
- Problem solving with regard to equipment and tool malfunctions.
- Problem solving with regard to production process.
Set-up machine for new runs correctly and efficiently
Operate plastic thermoforming machine
- Slide sheets of plastic onto lift table to begin machine cycle (currently maximum blank weight is 50 pounds).
- Start-up machine and -program cycles for existing jobs and develop program cycles for new jobs.
- Recognize malfunctioning of machine.
- Perform other secondary functions during each station cycle time.
- Recognize quality problems of formed part. Continually work to improve the process.
- Remove formed part from lift table and move to secondary area.
- Lifting and movement of materials, including use of pallet trucks and forklifts.
- Staging of raw materials, movement of components, and positioning and repositioning of finished goods.
C. Required Skills, Knowledge, Traits and Abilities
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift Certificate.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work unsupervised (after training completed).
- Ability to compare work against standards of quality provided and distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable parts.
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies and develop methods and/or procedures to improve the process and operations.
D. Desirable but not required experience
- High School education and diploma (or GED equivalent).
- Experience using a variety of hand and power tools, preferably with some of the power tools listed above.
- Previous employment in a manufacturing environment, preferably plastic thermoforming.
E. Working Environment
- Working hours normally 40 hours per week but may expand and/or contract with level of business
- The individual must be flexible relative to the work schedule including possible mandatory overtime
Email resumes to: New Plastics Plus Human Resources